Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo
It’s as cold as it will get in Edinburgh at this time of year. Best to stay indoors near a warm fireplace, drinking hot chocolate. Or not!
Why not venture out? If you had a New Year resolution to take up or improve your photography then why not wrap up warm and take a photo tour of the beautiful city of Edinburgh with an experienced professional photographer to guide you in a practical walking workshop.
Apart from the opportunity to get fresh air and see parts of the city, you will gain an understanding of how to control your camera and to see the city with a different point of view.
What you will learn:
- Starting: Camera basics – the camera body, interchangeable lenses and camera sensors
- Seeing: Composition and objective
- Capture: How to use the camera’s shooting modes*
- Control: Making the most of aperture, shutter speed and ISO
- Lighting: Daylight and artificial light
- Histograms*: what they tell you
* If your camera doesn’t have these features, let me know in advance of the tour.
What you will need:
- A digital camera with the ability to control exposure:
- Programmed Auto (P)
- Shutter-Priority Auto (S)
- Aperture-Priority Auto (A)
- Manual (M)
- Flash (optional) There may be a flash incorporated in the camera that you have
- Standard/wide-angle. (Telephoto/zoom lens – optional)
- Tripod (optional but useful)
- Water and warm clothes
The 9th March, 2019 Tour – Royal Botanical Garden
It will be a slow walking tour, not a long trek, but one that will enable us to get some good views, to stop and chat about what we are doing, and to discuss/answer questions.
We will stop half-way through to have a light lunch (cost not included in the package) which will give us time to talk through any issues.
Total time from start to finish will be about 5-6 hours.
Meet: East Gate 10.00am
Don’t forget to ensure you have a fresh memory card and fully charged battery in the camera. If in doubt bring back-up!
Note: This tour assumes that images captured will NOT be used for commercial gain, solely for personal use. In order to use images captured in the gardens commercially it is necessary to obtain prior approval from the RBGE press office.
Please note that entrance to the Gardens is free but there will be a charge of £7.00 to enter the Glasshouses – well worth the visit if only to warm up on a cold day – where we can photograph exotic flowers, cacti and orchids.
90.00 £60.00 per person (Winter Special!)
£30.00 on booking to secure place (non-refundable)
Balance to be paid on the day of the tour.