After a very warm Easter in UK what better way to see out the end of Spring than to spend a few days in Sicily!
I spend a lot of time in Sicily which is an enormously fascinating country – and photogenic too. I shall be there in June / July to welcome anyone with an interest in learning more about photography to spend a day with me exploring towns like Marsala, Erice and Corleone.
Apart from the opportunity to get fresh air and see parts of the island, you will gain an understanding of how to control your camera and to see landscapes with a different point of view.
What you will learn:
- Starting: Camera basics – body, lens and sensors
- Seeing: Composition and objective
- Capture: How to use the camera’s shooting modes
- Control: Making the most of aperture, shutter speed and ISO
- Lighting: Daylight and artificial light
- Histograms: what they tell you
What you will need:
- A digital camera with the ability to control exposure:
- Programmed Auto (P)
- Shutter-Priority Auto (S)
- Aperture-Priority Auto (A)
- Manual (M)
- Flash (optional) There may be a flash incorporated in the camera that you have
- Standard/wide-angle. (Telephoto/zoom lens – optional)
- Tripod (optional but useful)
- Water and warm clothes
The Tour (conducted in English)
This will be a whole day session with an early start!
We will meet at the railway station in Palermo that will enable us to get some good views, to stop and chat about what we are doing, and to discuss/answer questions.
We will stop half-way through to have lunch (cost not included in the package) and talk through any issues. There will also be time to try cannoli or ice cream.
In the afternoon we have the option of seeing either the old and infamous town of Corleone or to visit the archaeological site of Segesta and the salt pans of Marsala (where we may stay on to sample the famous fortified wine).
Total time from start to finish will be about 10 hours.
Don’t forget to ensure you have a fresh memory card and fully charged battery in the camera. If in doubt bring back-up!
Freshly made cannoli
£200.00 per person (excludes flights)
£100.00 on booking to secure place (non-refundable)
Balance to be paid on the day of the tour.
Date: 12JUN19 or 19JUN19
How to get there
Fly to Palermo. There are direct and indirect flights from various UK airports.